catalytic converters

Thursday, May 26, 2005

“I Am the Tree of Life”

I am the tree of life, petrified in a soil of tranquility and fertility, spreading my arms with leaves so green, ready to embrace the future’s breeze.

I have encountered lots of typhoons in my vicissitudes of life, but still I am cemented on this holy ground. My roots do not tire from anchorage, and my trunk is as strong as steel.

I am a refuge to those who love me, and a cave of darkness to those who fear me. I give joy to the geckos and gazelles and giraffes that appreciate my idiosyncrasy, but cause terror to the woodpeckers that hammer my body to destruction, and to the unworthy creatures that pollute the nature which I have cleansed and caressed, and where I exist.

I thank the ethereal heaven who send tears of ebullience that plummet to this good earth and nourish me to become enormous, magnificent tree. Thnak you, too, dear blessed earth, who made me sturdy and showed me the two faces of this Delphic, unpredictable home.

I will remain standing, facing the steadfast sun, observing the vapors condensing in the air, feeling the tropical ambience, singing of the heaven’s glory, and trying to make the best out of my life. I am the tree of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home