catalytic converters

Thursday, May 26, 2005

HEARTSONG

I plummet down the trenches and trek through misty woods
Fly in the ethereal skies and seep through trees’ roots
Carrying in me morsels of love and emotions
As precious as the pearl, as effective as potions.

I creep through the soil of toil and linger in the hill
Hear the thumping of the heart of creatures, what they feel
Sing the songs of gladness, bring the peace of heart and mind
To build a fortress of marvels so humans will bind.

I hum exuberant hymns of happiness and mirth
To spread the word of goodness all around the big earth;
Children and adults, alike, dance with all grace and might
As the voice of my being bring endless glorious light.

I bring my listeners to a faraway new world-
A realm that makes them laugh, smile, or cry as I am told
No matter where or when or how or why I’ve been known
The only thing is I’m a heartsong, I am a poem.

Renzo R. Guinto
August 25, 2002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home